The concept behind this therapy involves irritating tissue to promote healing; it stimulates the body to repair damaged/loose ligaments.
18. ALTERNATIVE VETERINARY PAIN CONTROL
From laser and ozone therapy to herbs, acupuncture or chiropractic, there are many ways to help patients with pain arising from surgery and injury.
25. LASER THERAPY FOR A NECROTIZING WOUND
A severe wound in a golden retriever, arising from a cat bite, responds positively to laser treatments.
26. CANINE INFLUENZA OUTBREAK
Implementing these alternative approaches will help you treat and prevent illness and infection in your patients.
28. HERBS OFFER SAFE, EFFECTIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT
An herbal approach to pain can address the causes of the discomfort, has few to no side effects, and can be used over a long period.
31. Tech Talk: INTERESTED IN ANIMAL BEHAVIOR?
As a veterinary behavior technician, you can help clients identify and address behavior problems, and prevent them from occurring in the fi rst place
35. VITAMIN D IN DOGS AND CATS
An insufficiency is associated with disease states such as congestive heart failure, neoplasia, renal disease, infectious illnesses, IBD, and feline oral resorptive lesions.
38. Nutrition Nook: SUPPLEMENTS EVERY PET NEEDS
No matter what type of pet food you recommend to your clients, these supplements will complement and improve every diet for every animal.
42. TUI-NA: CHINESE MEDICAL MASSAGE
This modality uses massage manipulations to stimulate acupressure points or surface regions of the body, restoring physiological balance and promoting circulation.
49. Integrative Practice: INTEGRATIVE HOSPICE
“Pawspice” can improve quality of life for terminal patients, and reassure their owners that they’re doing a good job helping their animals through their last days.
54. APPLIED KINESIOLOGY IN THE EQUINE
Four causes of subtle neuromuscular weakness in horses and how to assess and correct them.
60. BEST MODELS FOR INTEGRATIVE RESEARCH
meet the expectations of conventional medicine, while conforming to basic tenets of individual modalities, will encourage a wider acceptance of integrative medicine.