16. THERAPEUTIC LASER THERAPY AND EXERCISES FOR SENIOR PETS
Integrative medicine offers many approaches to soothe and even resolve geriatric pain. Laser therapy and a variety of exercises are two successful modalities to add to your practice.
22. VACCINATION AND CHANGING PROTOCOLS – PART 2
Titer testing as an alternative to annual boosters; vaccine dosages and duration of immunity; and the latest research projects being done on vaccination.
28. Nutrition Nook FOOD PRESCRIPTIONS FOR THE AGING PATIENT
Medication through whole food nutrition treats health issues and prevents future problems – without side effects.
36. Integrative Practice INTEGRATIVE APPROACH TO GERIATRIC AND HOSPICE CARE
Pharmaceutical or surgical intervention is often not an option in older patients. Using a variety of integrative therapies can be the best approach.
43. WEARABLE PEMF
Miniaturized technology puts healing right on painful joints.
44. NEUTRACEUTICALS AND INFLAMMATION
Botanical ingredients that support a healthy anti-inflammatory response.
46. TCVM ASSESSMENT AND CARE FOR OLDER PATIENTS
The primary goal is to promote quality of life rather than cure disease. Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine can help accomplish this goal.
52. HERB USE IN SPORTING HORSES
Medicinal herbs can be beneficial to equine health, but competition rules and regulations may prohibit their use in some cases.
59. Tech Talk THE VET TECH’S FRESH FOOD PROGRAM
One of our many tasks is to help clients learn to provide an appropriate diet for their pets. Here’s how to create a plan.
63. LASER THERAPY FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS
Therapeutic laser works by the mechanism of photobiomodulation, and has several benefi cial effects in decreasing inflammation and pain.
66. MICRO BIOME RESTORATIVE THERAPY
Research all over the world indicates that MBRT – giving feces from a healthy animal to another of the same species – may be the most efficient way to reboot gut flora.
71. SUPPLEMENTAL SUPPORT FOR SENIORS
Nutrients in food are not ideally absorbed in older pets, so adding a safe quantity of necessary vitamins and minerals is essential to health.